Friday, February 25, 2011

DAY ELEVEN: Success

OK. I was more than a little skeptical about this going in -- about the effectiveness of the diet and about my ability to deprive myself amidst all the temptation. But I've got to say this about Isagenix -- it worked. In the sense that I feel much 'cleaner', lighter and more energized. I no longer crave caffeine or crappy foods I was regularly digging into -- although I've got to admit that food memories are very powerful and I really don't know what kind of self-control I'd be able to exert when confronted with big plate of pancakes or Boca Raton deli plate.


Final 11 day tally: 13.5 pounds lost, 2 inches in the waist and also visible shrinkage in other body dimensions as well. (Snarky friends and Dr. Miller, insert snarky remark here: ________)

Now the big question is transitioning from this austere regimen to become a more habitual healthy eater. No WAY I want to go this again soon/ever and at age 55 it's probably not a good idea to let health wander too far astray anyway. So I'm going to take a shot at greatly reducing intake of all things bad, and increasing activity.

While very early in the riding 'season', I've started to push on the pedals and little harder and have been enjoying the feeling of that too. Flandria Cafe team rejoice: my 18 months of bike nausea may now be coming to an end. You can now look forward to my ordinary, customary slowness.

Oh well, this blogging has been narcissistic enough for me over the last two weeks. It's over now, but going to live on blogger server in posterity I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment