Friday, February 18, 2011

DAY FIVE: Never though I'd get excited about a radish

Another pound lost overnight ... bringing 4 day total to 8 pounds. Also happy to say I'm done with the 2- day cleanse routine and back to 'regular food' (that is, if you define regular meals as 2 Isagenix shakes and a salad mostly devoid of salad dressing). I'm sure that this rate of personal shrinkage can not continue, but my IsaMentor Jonathan Epstein has told me that an 11 pound loss is the record for his mentees, so 12 lbs. total is my immediate goal.

I also went to the gym this morning with my friend Ann Hirsch and got on the exer-bike for 40 minutes or so. Not a whole lot of energy or power but didn't expect to exert myself too much anyway. Headed to spin class early tomorrow with Randi and I'll probably soft-pedal that session as well.

After the gym, I went to East Side market to pick up a few things. Now you would think this would be torturous, but it strangely wasn't. I walked past the delicacy-pack counters, the free cheese samples, and all the other aisles without really craving any of it that much. Except maybe the muffins someone was nibbling at the checkout.

Well, I expect it's getting a little boring for my legion of followers, and in fact I am getting slightly bored with the whole episode as well. But here, in my search for enlightenment (HA, ANOTHER PUN) are a few of the things I've noticed about the whole cleansing affair:

1. Not eating anything sure saves time.
2. I'm not really doing anything productive with the extra time.
3. There is no third thing.

Bye for now. Thanks for eating. Enjoy a cheeseburger for me, will you?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not bored! Keep going! I demand an explanation of the following topics:

    1) Cleansing + Work productivity = ___?

    2) Muscle mass or tone - Isagenix = ___?

    3) Put bluntly ... Cleansing / Massive weight loss = Bowel movements?

    4) What are your plans for after the cleanse? How are you going to continue to lose weight...? The world of high calorie foods is very tempting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marc,

    Nick here. Wanted to invite you to the breakfast eating contest at the Diner in Pawtucket tomorrow. Plenty of pancakes, bacon, sausage, grits and your favorite, corned beef and hash! Hope you can make it. Who needs all that unidentifiable synthetic protoplasmic stuff when you can get the real thing! Can't wait for this to be over so we can resume our love affair with food together!

    ReplyDelete